Chef’s Note: This dessert is so fabulous! It is my mother-in-law’s recipe that can also be made as strawberry or raspberry by switching the Jello flavor and fruit. It is so fresh tasting that you will have a hard time stopping at just one serving! Note: It is important to note that the pudding used is the cooking kind, NOT the instant. This makes a 9 x 13 size dessert, but you could also put it in 2 pie crusts, or half the recipe for one smaller dessert. Enjoy!
- Bottom Crust
- 18 graham cracker squares (1 package)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (the kind you cook)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagejello peach gelatin
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping (cool whip)
- 3 cups peaches, sliced
- In a medium sauce pan, combine dry pudding mix, jello powder and water.
- Stir and heat to a boil. Let it boil for one minute.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge to cool and thicken for about a hour.
- Peel and cut up peaches (or fruit of choice) and set aside.
- Remove cooled Jello from the fridge and fold in the cool whip topping. Next fold in fresh fruit. Place back in fridge.
- Prepare graham cracker crust in a food processor or blender, adding all 3 ingredients.
- Place crust in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish or in 2 pie dishes and press down firmly.
- Remove Jello mixture and pour into the crust. Place back in fridge to continue firming up, about another hour.
- Serve with whipped topping.