This is one of my families favorite side dishes. My mother-in-law made this for me when I was pregnant with my first child and I couldn’t stop eating it. I almost finished the entire skillet. It was so delicious.
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 4-6
12 ears fresh corn (cut from the cob and scraped)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp butter
1/2 c half and half
6 slice bacon (cut in thirds and browned)
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Brown the bacon in a cast iron pan or heavy skillet on medium to medium-high until browned.
2. While the bacon is cooking, in a large bowl mix the corn salt, black pepper, sugar, and flour. Stir until mixed.
3. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add the corn mixture and cook stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
5. Halfway through, about fifteen minutes, add the half-and-half, and butter and cook another few minutes before adding the bacon.
6. Add the bacon and cook another five minutes the bacon becomes heated again.
7. Serve with your favorite meat, green vegetable, and bread. Enjoy.