Fried mushrooms are made by frying or deep frying mushrooms that have been dipped in batter. In the United States and some other countries, they are often …
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (Panko if you can find them)
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to make a batter.
- Dip clean mushroom into batter letting excess batter drip off.
- I find it easier to stick a toothpick into the mushroom to dip it.
- After dipping into batter roll in Panko breadcrumbs to coat.
- Deep fry in oil until golden.
- We like to serve with cocktail sauce