Crisps are quintessential dessert fare, with many of us having fond memories of spring rhubarb or fall apple crisps in the memory banks of our …
- 1 stick cream butter (unsalted)
- 1 call-purpose flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 call-purpose flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Mix crumb topping ingredients together till crumbly and holds shape when pressed together with fingers… set mixture aside.
- Mix your fruit and all fruit filling ingredients (any kind you want, if using a fruit with a rind make sure you peel it first apples, peaches, plums, etc.)
- For individual desserts (4 to 6 depending on size) spray the bottom of small oven-safe dishes with non-stick cooking spray.
- May also be made as a single larger one.
- Add fruit to the bottom of pans/dishes till about 3/4 full. Crumble topping over top of the fruit. I used an 8″ x 2″ round baking dish.
- Bake @ 350 for 40 to 45 min. till top is golden brown and fruit is soft when pricked with a fork and well jelled together.