My mom and I were eating a peanut butter pie one Thanksgiving that someone brought over for dessert. We both agreed that the filling was great but thought the graham crust was kind of boring. So, I decided to experiment and came up with this recipe that I served that Christmas. My mom, along with the rest of my family loved it and it is now requested by someone every holiday.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, 18 oz.
- 1 pkg deep dish frozen pie crust (thawed)
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 pkg cream cheese, 8 oz.
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 small tub of whipped topping, 8 oz.
- Mix brownie mix according to directions on the box. Spread 1/2 cup of the mix into one thawed pie crust (you can always make brownies with the rest).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and brownie is set.
- While cooling, mix the cream cheese (mixes best if cheese softened to room temp) with the powdered sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Then mix in the peanut butter until well blended. Mix in 1/2 of the tub of whipped topping until well blended.
- Spread the mixture into the crust when it is completely cooled.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over the filling and if you wish you can top it with miniature peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and enjoy.