Well, here it is, my Savory Slow Cooker Pot Roast. It’s just the ticket when your hands are full with other holiday duties, the kids are home from …
- 1, 3-4-pound beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 3 cups beef broth
- 6 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 ribs celery, rinsed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small cup, stir together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water until no lumps remain.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker and add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add bay leaf and thyme.
- Mix together to make sure everything is thoroughly coated.
- Season your roast generously with salt and pepper and rub all over with Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer roast to slow cooker and place on top of vegetables.
- Pour beef broth over roast and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or overnight.
- you can also cook on high for 5-7 hours, or until the desired doneness is reached.
- Let roast rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Transfer veggies to serving platter (optional), strain cooking liquids and serve with roast.