Garlic Chicken Fried Brown Rice is one of the best dinners from the week. One of the best things to do is do it, and then clean it up so fast. It is a homemade version of my favorite classic take-out. We all had the ham fried rice growing up but switching over ham because it’s 100 times better for chicken variety. It is a combination of moist and juicy chicken, and for flavor layers, we add green onions, garlic, vegetable oil, and soy sauce.
This Garlic Chicken Fried Brown Rice becomes one of our go-to dinners. It’s simple, it calls for basic ingredients, it’s heart-filled and filling, and it’s flavourful. It also makes perfectly good leftovers, if you’re lucky enough to have some left, or plan it for the next few days’ meal preps. Customizing and swapping out ingredients with another protein is also a simple option, and you might also throw some other vegetables.
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15mins | Total: 35 mins | Servings: 3 | Yield: 3 servings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 8 oz of skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- (½) red bell pepper, chopped
- (½) cup green onion, chopped
- (4) cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Add and heat a tbsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the chicken, bell pepper, green onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until you thoroughly cook the chicken for about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Then in the same skillet, heat the remaining tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Add rice, cook and stir to heat through. Stir in soy sauce, rice vinegar, and peas, and continue to cook for a minute. Return chicken mixture to the skillet and stir to blend with the rice and heat through before serving.
Use two ready-to-serve rice pouches to save time if you don’t have any extra rice on hand, or don’t want to cook a lot because it works like a charm. I don’t even try to thaw the frozen peas that are mixed in the rice.
Per Serving: 444.4 calories; fat 12.8g 20% DV; cholesterol 43.1mg 14% DV; sodium 701.4mg 28% DV; protein 24.3g 49% DV; carbohydrates 57.4g 19% DV.