Got this from the cake mix doctor, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. It has 3 layers that meld together to make the perfect cake…
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (18 ounces) box German chocolate cake mix (with pudding)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour 13×9 inch pan. Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs as directed on the box. Carefully pour batter over coconut and pecans in prepared pan.
- Mix melted margarine, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, or until well mixed. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 30 seconds more, or until smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese over batter, leaving a 1-inch border of batter around the sides of the pan, and smooth with the spatula.
- Bake for 43-48 minutes, or until the cream cheese mixture has turned golden brown and the cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto the serving platter.
- Let rest for 20 minutes more, then slice and serve.