Enjoy this tasty chicken hot or cold. It is great for buffets, as it looks so attractive and can be cooked a long time beforehand. From Easy Chinese cookbook by …
- 8 assorted, boneless, skinless chicken pieces (we used breasts and thighs)
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1.2 oz.) package dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 (0.7 oz.) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water or white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and brown seasoned chicken on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker, then add water (or white wine) to the skillet to deglaze the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the alcohol has cooked off, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken soup with deglazed pan juices, then season with Italian dressing mix and gravy mix.
- Stir in garlic, onion and chili powders, then pour mixture over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates and top with gravy. Enjoy!