This is plain and simple but makes a wonderful chili, you may add in other ingredients if desired, my family likes this topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream …
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs cumin, or to taste
- 1-1/2 Tbs chili powder, or to taste
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Light coals in the grill. While coals are setting (30-45 minutes), form ground beef into large patties.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot, and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Add bell pepper and saute 5-7 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in minced garlic.
- Grill patties over coals until medium rare, no more than 5 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat on high under soup pot, and place patties in with garlic, oil, and pepper mixture.
- Break up patties into small pieces with spatula and brown meat thoroughly. Add tomatoes.
- Mash and break up tomatoes with a spatula.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 2 hours or more.