- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (30 ounces) sliced peaches in syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Separate half cup sugar, all of cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Separate peaches from the syrup.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and the other dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in milk & syrup from peaches.
- Put peaches in the casserole dish with melted butter.
- Pour batter over the top of peaches.
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg & 1/2 cup of sugar mixture and sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until top crust is golden brown.