This delicious Grasshopper Poke Cake is a fudge-topped chocolate mint cake with creamy mint Cool Whip! Perfect for a pot luck…
- 1 chocolate cake mix + water, oil, eggs as listed on the box
- 1 – 14.5 oz can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 – 12.8 oz jar Hershey’s Special Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 – 10 oz package Keebler Fudge Mint Cookies (or Thin Mints, when in season)
- 1 – 16 oz container cool whip (I like lite)
- 1 Duncan Hines Mint flavor packet
- 1 cup Andes Mint chips
- Prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9×13 baking dish. Allow cooling completely.
- Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly across the entire cake (about 20 holes).
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to fill the holes.
- Heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave. 30-40 seconds should do the trick, you just want it to soften a little.
- Crumble half of the fudge mint cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge sauce over the cake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mint packet and the cool whip. Spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
- Crumble the remaining cookie crumbs over top of the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over top.
- Refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).