This Grandma’s Coconut Cream Pie truly is the BEST! A cool and … And then later getting to enjoy the BEST homemade coconut cream pie…
- 1 c milk
- 1 c sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 c light cream
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pie crust.
- 8 oz whipped cream
- Bake pie crust according to directions on the package and cool completely.
- Place milk and light cream in a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 Tbsp. cold water to corn starch. Stir well.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks until they are light. Add the corn starch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
- Add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove plastic wrap. Cover with whipped cream.