These spicy turkey legs are sweet and hot–just like the smoked turkey legs, you get at the fair or theme park…
- 1 (2 liters) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 turkey legs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a large pot, mix the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage, sugar, hot sauce, red pepper, pepper, and onion.
- Place the turkey legs in the mixture, and bring to a boil. Cook 30 to 45 minutes, until the turkey, has reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- Remove onion slices from the mixture, and arrange on the prepared grill. Place turkey legs over the onions.
- Drizzle with honey, and season with steak seasoning.
- Cook, turning once, 20 minutes, or until a crisp browned crust has formed on the turkey legs.