Ground turkey is one of the most versatile ingredients you’ll find at the grocery store, making it an easy choice for busy weeknight dinners…
Yields 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1pound of ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 – 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounces) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (16 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2/1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 (4 ounces) can mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Saute turkey, onion, green pepper and celery in oil until meat is browned and vegetables are tender (but not mushy).
- Add salt, oregano, garlic, and sugar; add tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and water.
- Simmer 15 minutes. Place uncooked noodles in the greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Pour mixture over noodles.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.