This delicious hamburger soup is served in a savory broth with ground beef, corn kernels, and a variety of vegetables. The perfect option for a simple dinner that the whole family loves. When I’m looking for a one-pot meal that I know will be a crowd-pleaser, I turn to this simple yet satisfying hamburger soup.
This hamburger soup is robust enough to act as a full meal on its own, but I also serve it with some crusty bread because it is such a good compliment to the soup. I sometimes find myself with a pound of ground beef, with no idea what to do of it, and that’s when I turned to Hamburger Soup. Try this recipe for Hamburger Soup, and enjoy and share it with family and friends.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1hr 50mins | Total: 2 hrs 5 mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- (6) cubes beef bouillon
- 5 cups of water
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- In a medium skillet, cook hamburger until brown over medium heat. Drain off the fat.
- Combine beef, carrots, celery, onions, bouillon, water, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, salt, corn, basil, and ketchup in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and let it simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours.
The secret for your vegetables to cook evenly is to make sure that you cut it into equal sizes.
This soup remains fresh in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat it in the microwave or on top of the stove over low heat.
You can try to use ground turkey, mild Italian sausage, or even grilled chicken instead of ground beef.
Try to add additional vegetables like kale, butternut squash, bell peppers, lettuce, zucchini, or peas.
Per Serving: 185.1 calories; 37.3 mg cholesterol; 1338 mg sodium; 13.7 g protein; 16.5 g carbohydrates.