don’t tell anyone but I don’t like pie. I don’t know what it is but I’m just not a pie person. So every year I advocate for a non-pie Thanksgiving dessert. This year I am requesting a batch of these gorgeous Harvest Marble Chocolate Chip Cookies. So pretty! So delicious. They are a yummy bite of Fall in one single and easy to make cookie.
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c fat-free plain yogurt or unsweetened applesauce
3/4 c light brown sugar, packed
3/4 c sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed, optional
1 c old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 c canned pure pumpkin
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c diced fresh cranberries, optional
1/2 c chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, yogurt, and sugars until well blended; stir in egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; combine well.
4. Stir flour mixture alternately with the pumpkin into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries and/or pecans.
5. Drop by tablespoonful onto prepared pans. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.