WOW, what a fabulously different and easy dessert! We were in a pinch and needed to use cook & serve pudding in place of instant, but it still …
- 110″ store made angel food cake
- 120 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 112-ounce jar pineapple preserves
- 1 sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 2/3 toasted macadamia nuts, chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 23.4-ounce boxes (4 serving size) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 3 cold milk
- 116-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Cut or tear angel food cake into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine crushed pineapple and 1/2 jar of pineapple preserves. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the instant pudding mix and milk. Using a wire whisk, mix well, then add 1 cup of the whipped topping. Set aside.
- Using a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl, layer ingredients: half of the cake pieces, half of the pineapple, half of the coconut and half of the macadamia nuts.
- Spread half of the pudding over all. Repeat layers using the rest of the cake, pineapple, coconut, and the macadamia nuts.
- Spread remaining pudding over all. Generously spread top with whipped topping and garnish with reserved toasted coconut and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
NOTE: to toast coconut AND nuts spread each out on a separate baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-14 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning. Coconut and macadamia nuts are toasted when they are lightly browned and fragrant.