A very easy, tasty and Healthy Apple Crisp for your holiday pleasure that is gluten-free and vegan! Lightly sweetened, moist and spiced apples, topped with a crunchy topping…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 5 medium apples, (I used Fuji and Granny Smith), peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or, 1 tsp coriander plus a pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, (Bob Red Mills)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or similar size and set aside. Peel, core and dice apples, and place in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and maple syrup, and stir to combine. Sprinkle tapioca starch, cinnamon (coriander, cardamom), ginger and toss to coat.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl add oats, almonds flour, salt and stir well. Mix in coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix with fingers or fork until crumbly. Spread oat mixture on top of apples.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 45 -50 minutes or until apples are tender, uncover baking dish and bake for 10 more minutes or until topping browns.
- Delicious served with vanilla ice cream warm or can be served cold.