I was given this recipe years ago by a Chef at a restaurant in upstate NY It’s fantastic, cool and refreshing. This recipe will make 2 pies but I use a big pie plate and pile it high, very pretty.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
1/4 c butter
7 oz flaked coconut
1 c chopped pecans
MELT THE ABOVE AND KEEP STIRRING UNTIL
COCONUT IS BROWN,
(ABOUT 5 MINUTES) SET ASIDE TO COOL.
2 *precooked flaky pie crusts (cooled)
8 oz cream cheese (soft)
1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 – 16 oz carton thawed cool whip
1 – 12 oz jar caramel topping**
1. Mix cream cheese and sweet milk with mixer and fold in Cool Whip with wooden spoon.
2. Layer in each, deep dish pie shell 1/4 cream cheese mixture, 1/4 caramel and 1/4 pecan mixture, 2 times for each ingredient and each pie shell. Drizzle a little caramel on top for apperance.
3. Freeze (can keep up to 6 months)Note: I didn’t freeze the one we ate today. Not perfectly set, but time will tell on that. We cut into it.
4. **(can use any other topping)
5. By the way… There’s an extra one in the freezer if you stop by.