- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced…
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups French-fried onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat ground beef into
8×8pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If using, slice onion on top of beef.
- Slice potatoes onto onion layer, salt
- Layer with cheese slices.
- Mix soup and milk together and spread over cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil and top with french fried onions and brown for about 5 minutes