A simple recipe for Homemade Apple Butter that you can make in the slow cooker. Use as a spread, a syrup or in your fall recipes! It’s one of the …
- 5 1/2 lb apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 white sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla — optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the chopped apples in the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients, stir to blend well.
- cover and cook on high for one hour
- reduce heat to low and cook 10-11 hours, stir occasionally. Until mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low for 1 hour.
- Stir with a whisk if desired to increase the smoothness
- Spoon mixture into clean freezer containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze
- You can add more sugar (up to 4 cups) but I like mine just a little tart but still sweet.
- I don’t think I would ever use more than 2 cups even if the Apples are tart.