Apple Fritters made with a cakey batter incorporated with juicy apples are the ultimate homemade treat! The sweet glaze sends these fritters…
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon. Stir in milk and egg until just combined.
- Fold in apple. Pour oil into the skillet so that it is approximately 1 1/2 deep. Heat oil on high.
- Oil is ready when a little dough thrown in floats to the top.
- Carefully add dough to oil in heaping teaspoons.
- Cook until brown, about 2 minutes, then flip.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes, until both sides are browned.
- Transfer briefly to paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Make the glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over apple fritters. Wait approximately 3 minutes for glaze to harden, then flip fritters and drizzle glaze over the other side. Best served warm.