Make homemade cheese crackers with only 6 ingredients. These crisp crackers are a simple take-anywhere snack and have the most unbelievable salty, cheesy flavor. You’ll appreciate the straightforward instructions and quick baking time!
Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 2 Hr 15 Min Serves: 15
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1/2 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp water
1. Combine cheese and buter until well blended.
2. Add flour,sugar,salt,and cayenne blend until well mixed.
3. Add water and mix until mixture comes together and forms a dough.
4. Knead dough until smooth.
5. Form into a ball, divide in half, and shape each half into an 8 inch log.
6. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
7. Remove dough logs from refrigerator; slice into 1/4 inch disks and place on 2 baking sheets that are greased.
8. Poke a fork in the top a few times.
9. Bake 12-14 minutes at 375 degrees until just golden on the edge.