Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- butter – 3 tbsp
- onion – 1 medium, chopped
- celery – 1 rib, finely chopped
- salt and pepper – to taste
- all-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- chicken broth – 1 3/4 cup
- thyme – 1 tsp, chopped, fresh
- milk – 1/2 cup, whole
- chicken – 3 cups, cooked, chopped
- carrot – 1, roughly chopped
- peas – 1 cup frozen
- lemon juice – 1 Tsp
- biscuits – 12, storebought or homemade
- egg – 1
- water – 1 tbsp
- Firstable you have to put the oven to 375 F (190 C) and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a heavy skillet over moderate heat, melt the butter and cook the onion and celery until softened, about 5 minutes – generously salt and pepper.
- Then Sprinkle over the flour and stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and thyme and bring to a boil over medium heat – stirring occasionally.
- After Stir in the milk, chicken, carrots, peas and lemon juice, then pour into the casserole dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and increase the temperature to 425 F (205 C).
- Cut out your biscuits into 12 rounds, and arrange them on top of the chicken gravy.
- Whisk the egg and water together and brush the biscuits with the egg wash.
- And finally, Return the dish to the oven, and bake until the biscuits are done, about 10 – 12 more minutes.
- And have a nice meal