One of the things that excites me the most, is to make my own version of the famous cookies or bars. Such as this homemade kit kat bars! Check out my recipe…
- 75 club crackers.
- A ½ pound of unsalted butter.
- 2 cups of graham crackers crumbs.
- 1 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar.
- 1.2 cup of milk.
- A ⅓ cup of granulated sugar.
- A ⅔ cup of creamy peanut butter.
- The ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- The ½ cup of butterscotch chips.
- First, you need to arrange one layer of club crackers in a 9×1 rectangular baking pan. Break some to fit in the holes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, mix in the graham cracker crumbs, dark brown sugar, milk, and granulated sugar and boil the mixture for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and pour half the mixture over the graham crackers.
- Add a second layer of club crackers and top with the second half of the mixture.
- Finish with a layer of crackers.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the peanut butter, chocolate, chips, and butterscotch chips and melt while stirring over medium-low heat.
Once well combined, spread over the crackers and let cool before refrigerating for two hours, covered.
- Once cooled, cut into 2-inch bars, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for over two weeks.
- Simple, easy and perfect! Making these kit kat bars is so easy and fun and trust me, once it’s ready and you get a bite, you will be surprised!