Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon, Avocado and a crazy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade! A popular reader …
Dressing / Marinade:
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- ¼ cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ of red onion, sliced
- Whisk marinade/dressing ingredients together to combine.
- Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows.
- Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear/grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released. Once the chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare a salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips, and chicken.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade/dressing and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional).