In every house, there’s someone who loves chocolate cakes more than anything else. In my house, it’s both my kids. So, I make them a chocolate cake at least once a week. Here’s the one I made this week.
You’ll Need (for the cake):
- 2 ¾ cups of flour.
- 1 cup of Starbucks hot chocolate mix.
- 1 ½ cups of hot boiling water.
- 1 ½ cups of sugar.
- 2 tsps of baking soda.
- ½ tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 cup of melted butter.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 tbsp of vanilla.
You’ll Need (for the frosting):
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- 2 tbsps of butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and blend hot water with the hot chocolate mix in another bowl.
- Pour the water and chocolate mixture slowly into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter in a bundt pan and bake in a preheated oven to 350° for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and mix in the marshmallows until smooth and well combined.
- Once the cake is cooled, pour the frosting over it and let set before serving.
Easy, peasy and yummy! I’ve made many cakes with water before, but this is a very good one. You should give it a shot, the marshmallow frosting gives it a unique flavor.