A blown up version of my most popular recipe post of ALL time, the Molten Chocolate Mug Cake! This one feeds a crowd, is just as easy and …
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake – This outrageously good chocolate fudgy cake couldn’t be any easier!
Magical things happen when you bake this deep, dark hot fudge pudding cake. A rich, gooey cake forms on the top, and a warm, melty, dark, fudgy sauce forms …
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Hershey’s Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1¼ cups hot water
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a pot of water on the stove to very hot (just under a simmer).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine ¾ cup of the granulated sugar, flour, ¼ cup of the cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into an lightly greased 2-quart ceramic dish (as shown in our photos) or a 9-inch square baking pan (if it’s a non-stick pan, you don’t have to grease it) and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, remaining ¼ cup cocoa and mix well. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter in your dish or pan. Pour the hot water over the top – but do not stir!
- Bake 35-40 minutes if using a glass dish (or 30-35 minutes if using a metal pan) – or until the center is almost set. Remove your dish from the oven and allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, spoon the cake into individual serving bowls – making sure to spoon the fudgy sauce from the bottom of the pan over the top of the cake. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired and serve immediately.