Cheesy, garlicky, flavor-loaded mashed cauliflower prepared in the Instant Pot! This is the perfect, most delicious low-carb swap for mashed potatoes…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 large head cauliflower, core removed and roughly cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups water, you can also use chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste (optional)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices low sodium thick cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
Place the steamer basket inside your Instant Pot.
- Transfer prepared cauliflower to the basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to seal.
- Set on manual setting and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Use the quick release function to release the pressure.
- Drain out all of the liquid and transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender.
- Add garlic, butter, sour cream, dry mustard, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the blender; process until blended and creamy. I recommend using the pulse
- function because you have more control over how creamy or chunky you want your mashed cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a baking dish.
- Top with cheeses and prepared bacon; bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle green onions over the top.