Internet’s Best Low-Carb Baked Mayo-Parmesan Chicken is my version of a chicken dish that’s getting rave reviews all over the internet! And this tasty chicken is also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and can be South Beach Diet friendly…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup mayo (I used full-fat mayo; for South Beach Diet use light mayo.)
- 6 T coarsely-grated Parmesan (For best results, use coarsely-shredded Parmesan or grate your own.)
- 3/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray, choosing a dish just large enough to hold the chicken.
- Trim chicken breasts well, cutting larger ones in half if desired.
- Put each piece of trimmed chicken inside a small Ziploc bag and pound with a meat mallet (or something heavy), just until the chicken is an even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. (Don’t pound too hard or too long or the chicken breasts will start to shred apart.)
- Then cut small shallow crosswise slits going down each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through.
- Mix the mayo, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper, then stir in the coarsely grated Parmesan.
- Put chicken breasts into the baking dish and use a rubber scraper to spread the mayo-parmesan coating over the top of each chicken breast, covering the entire surface.
- Bake chicken 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is firm and the top is nicely browned.
- There will be some liquid and congealed cheese in the bottom of the baking dish, but just ignore it and move the chicken breasts to a serving platter.
- Several other places where I spotted similar recipes also mentioned this, so I’m not sure if there is a way to avoid it.
- Serve hot, and wait for compliments!