Island Cookie Bars Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes. … Pinch Recipes. Island Cookie Bars Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes Brownie Bar, Brownie Cookies, Bar. Visit …
- 1 3/4 whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 natural peanut butter
- 1/4 crushed pineapple, juices drained
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1large egg
- 1 1/4 white chocolate
- 1/2 sweetened flaked coconut
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars, peanut butter, pineapple, buttery spread, and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until completely combined. Fold in 1 C of the white chocolate chips, saving remaining 1/4 C.
- With dampened hands, press the dough into a greased 9 x 13″ baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate chips and press them down lightly.
- Bake bars in a 350-degree oven for 22-25 minutes, until a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Put a baking rack on the middle level. Turn oven to broil.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the bars. Broil for 30-60 seconds, until coconut begins to brown. Be careful not to burn the coconut!
- Allow pan to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 32 bars.