Italian Pasta Bake. I love to make this dish whenever I need to bring a dish to pass. Fresh tomatoes add a nice touch that’s missing from most other meat, pasta
- 3 pounds chicken breasts (cooked & cut into bite size pieces)
- 6 Italian sausage links
- 2 jars or spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt’s in the can – cheaper & just as good!)
- 1 pound of pasta, penne, macaroni, shells or whatever you like
- 1 large package of pizza cheese
- 1 onion
- 2 large bell peppers – red & green, cut into chunks
- Cut up chicken, onion, peppers, and sausage.
- Boil pasta and drain (don’t overcook)
- Mix pasta, sausage, onion, peppers, chicken, and sauce.
- Put in a large deep dish. If it won’t all fit, make a little side dish to freeze for lunch later.
- Top heavily with cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.