Zucchini is a nutritious squash rich in plant nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. It can bring many health benefits, from better digestion to lower heart disease risk. Zucchini will support your muscles, your thyroid, and your prostate. Consider adding the soft, mild fruit to your diet today if you’re curious. These Italian Baked Zucchini With Parmesan is a crowed-pleaser which serves as a quick side next to your favorite meal. Best eaten straight out of the oven.
These Italian Baked Zucchini With Parmesan are soft on the inside but strong on the outside and crispy. And you’ll love the Italian twist – a crunchy topping of grated Parmesan cheese and fresh oregano. Let me tell you last night when I made these baked zucchini, there were so many compliments going on, and they were finished before I could put them on the table.
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30mins | Total: 50 mins | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
- (2) medium (blank)s zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- (1) pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add and combine zucchini slices and olive oil in a large bowl and toss to coat well.
- Add and mix Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper in a second bowl or shallow dish. Then dip oiled zucchini into bread crumb mixture and arrange close together on the baking sheet.
- Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes turning after 20 minutes, so they brown evenly in the preheated oven.
I most frequently grill or bake it with only seasonings and olive oil when cooking zucchini. While I recommend Italian seasonings, to change it, or complement your meal, you can add herbs and spices in your favorite ones. You can replace the cheese (my favorite part) with any cheese you want too.
You can also use friend oregano instead of fresh ones.
Per Serving: 106.1 calories; fat 8.2g 13% DV; cholesterol 3.3mg 1% DV; sodium 130.3mg 5% DV; protein 3.1g 6% DV; carbohydrates 5.9g 2% DV.