These Jam Filled Butter Cookies are something that could make my day, and I think many of us can relate to this. The easiest cookies are often the best, and to me, Jam Filled Butter Cookies are all about enjoying plain buttery cookies with the sweetness of great fruit preserves.
This cookie is a great choice to make for holiday gifts or as Christmas cookies, since they’re durable and hold up well, like Biscotti and Snowball Cookies. Here you can also use several different jams, so you get a fun tray of various colored pops. Try this recipe for Jam Filled Butter Cookies, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- (2) egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves, any flavor
- Prepare the oven, preheat 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, add and cream butter, white sugar, and egg yolks. Then mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Then roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes if the dough is too soft. Place balls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. To create a well in the center of each cookie, you can use your finger or an instrument of similar size. Then fill the hole with 1/2 tsp of preserves.
- Bake it for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown on the bottom in the preheated oven. To cool down, move to a wire rack.
Note: Place one beaten egg in one tub, and 7 ounces of sweetened, shredded coconut in another if you want to cover these in coconut flakes. After the cookies are chilled but not finished, dip each in the beaten egg, then into the coconut until it is well coated. Then add the jam and bake for the same amount of time as set out in the above instructions.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 82 calories; 0.8 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 29 mg sodium; 4.1 g fat; 10.5 g carbohydrates.
Get Your E-book Now