Recipe including course(s): Entrée; and ingredients: butter, cream cheese, frozen strawberries, frozen whipped topping, pretzels, strawberry gelatin, sugar, …
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounces) package strawberry flavored Jell-O(R)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water.
- Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed.
- Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.