Breakfast biscuits can be both delicious and healthy — like these easy low carb biscuits made with almond flour, cheddar cheese, and bacon. They’re great for anyone on the keto diet…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 5 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese (about 1.5 cups)
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter diced into about 30 tiny pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook bacon slices on a pan over medium heat until crispy, 5 to 10 minutes, turning them over occasionally.
- Drain bacon on a paper towel. When cool, crumble into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine almond flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring until well-mixed.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the bacon to the mixing bowl.
- Stir for a minute until the mixture is smooth, with the almond flour being completely incorporated.
- Add crumbled bacon to the mixing bowl, stirring it in.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into 8 mounds on a nonstick baking mat, spaced about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 F until the biscuits are golden brown and crispy on the outside, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.