Breakfast is always on the menu in our home. We could happily eat it in the morning, for lunch, for dinner or even a late night snack. This Keto Breakfast Casserole is easily one of the simplest and most delicious casseroles we’ve made to date! Nothing beats eggs, cheese, and meat – it’ll always fall into your keto macros perfectly and leave you satisfied. Plus, you won’t feel bad for going in for seconds or thirds…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 10 large eggs
- 16 ounces ground breakfast pork sausage
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a casserole dish (9×13) with coconut oil spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground breakfast sausage to the skillet. Using a spatula break up the crumbles as it cooks. Remove cooked sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain 70% of the grease from the skillet and add half the riced cauliflower to the skillet. Season with 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt and combine using a spoon soaking up most of the remaining sausage grease.
- First layer: Transfer the greased cauliflower to a casserole dish or large dutch oven. Layer on half of the cooked sausage, half of the cheese and half of the scallions.
- Second layer: spread the remaining cauliflower (not coated in sausage grease) on top, then the remaining sausage, cheese, and scallions making two layers.
- Crack 10 large eggs into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream and season with 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the two layers in the casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.