This is an extremely basic recipe for Cauliflower Gnocchi pretty much just cauliflower and egg pureed until it’s super smooth, formed into gnocchi shapes, and sautéed…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups • cauliflower [cover and microwave for 4 minutes]
- 1 • egg [beaten]
- 1/4 cup • grated white cheddar
- 4 • bacon strips
- 1/2 cup • heavy cream
- to taste • salt and black pepper
- Put the microwaved cauliflower into a food processor and pulse, very slowly adding little by little of the egg.
- Add some salt and pepper. Blend until completely smooth using as little of the egg as possible to make it happen.
- Form into gnocchi shapes, don’t worry if the cauliflower is a little loose or sticky.
- As long as it mostly keeps a shape.
- In a pan over a medium-high heat, sauté the bacon until crisp.
- Add the cream and cheese and stir until melted. Add lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- In a new pan over a medium-low heat, melt a knob of butter and add the “gnocchi”, cook approximately two minutes before flipping them over carefully and cooking another two minutes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Finally, once the gnocchi is cooked, tip them into the pan with the bacon cream sauce and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.