Keto Cheeseburger Bites are fun to serve, and everyone will be excited about dinner…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup heavy cream or probiotic sour cream for GAPS
- 1 large Roma tomato or 2 small, diced
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 7 ounces aged cheddar or good melting cheese: grate 1/3 of it, and chop the rest into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup nut flour sprouted, or blanched almond flour; also, 1/4 cup coconut flour will probably work here too; I’ll update the recipe when I’ve tried it or
- comment below if you do
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pans with pan liners.
- Combine nut flour, sifted baking soda, sea salt and black pepper in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- In the large bowl combine: raw ground beef, heavy cream, apple cider vinegar, tomatoes, green onions, cauli rice, and aged cheddar.
- Add flour mix to beef mixture and stir together well until the meat is well broken up and lighter (not as heavy) in texture.
- The baking soda and vinegar will react and create a lighter blend. Do not over-mix; stop when the mixture is evenly combined.
- Fill each muffin slot in muffin tin only halfway. Then add cubes of cheese, (equally, distribute).
- Top off with remaining meat mixture.
- When scooping meat into muffin tins, use up to 6 ounces for each muffin Bite for larger ones, or 2 ounces for mini Bites.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes for larger, or about 12-15 for smaller.
- The cream and cheese will bubble out a bit during baking.
- Serve the Bites over salad greens and drizzle any of the creamy pan juices over your greens.
- Accompany by probiotic pickles (like Bubbies or homemade) and tomato slices, or baby tomatoes.
- Your salad greens can also be topped with blue cheese, bacon and/or a fried egg for more fun cheeseburger toppings.