I feel like I’ve been in a rut this month when it comes to creating new recipes. I guess it could be that between 4 kids someone was sick for a month straight. Then, the baby decided to quit sleeping through the night recently which has left me exhausted. Today we got back into our routine and we all were able to attend homeschool group. Maybe getting out for the day is what I needed for new inspiration in the kitchen. Regardless the culprit, I came home this afternoon ready to create a new meal for dinner. Since so many of you (and me) enjoy one pan meal I thought I’d focus on making sure dinner was easy and required minimal dishes. It was so nice to just have one pan to clean tonight after dinner. The big kids joined in to help and we had the entire kitchen along with the mess the little girls made while I was cooking cleaned up in minutes…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin (approx 6 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 1 TB Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a skillet add olive oil, onions, and garlic then saute until tender.
- Remove the onions and garlic from skillet then add 1 tablespoon of butter and sear chicken breasts on each side.
- After the chicken breasts are browned on each side, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, the sauteed onions/garlic, and spices back to the skillet. Whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Add chicken breasts back to skillet and simmer on low covered for 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus to the chicken mixture and simmer on low again covered for 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer on low until the sauce thickens.