All of the keto clam chowder recipes I’ve come across are loaded with cream and butter. Delicious? Absolutely. But unfortunately, it leaves the dairy-free crowd chowder-less. That’s a lot of people without chowder! In addition to limiting carbohydrates, loads of people are cutting dairy from their daily meals…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 head cauliflower medium
- 1/2 onion medium, sliced
- 1 pound steamer clams with shell 68g yield meat w/o shell, shucked
- 6 tablespoons ghee 84g
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Pepper to taste
- Melt two tablespoons of ghee in a large stock pot with a cover.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Cut cauliflower into 4 quarters.
- Add ¾ of the cauliflower to the pot, reserve ¼ of the cauliflower for later.
- Add the chicken broth, water, salt, and remaining ghee. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Break apart the remaining cauliflower into small florets.
- Remove the pot from the heat, carefully place entire mixture into a large blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, taking care to use the hot liquid vent with a kitchen towel/cloth.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pot.
- Stir in the cauliflower florets, clams, and add 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprig prior to serving.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Optional: garnish with crumbled bacon and dried rosemary.