This keto low carb creme brulee recipe is made with just 5 ingredients! This classic vanilla dessert is so decadent, you’ll never guess it’s sugar-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cup Heavy cream
- 6 large Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- Powdered erythritol (optional – for topping)
- Whipped cream (optional – for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack to the middle position.
- Heat water in a tea kettle until hot, but not boiling.
- Find a pan large enough to fit the 4 ramekins and deep enough to add water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Add the yolks and 1 tablespoon of the granulated sweetener in a medium bowl.
- Beat well to completely break up the yolks. Remove any chalazae that remain.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small pot and add the remaining erythritol and vanilla bean powder (if using extract, add later).
- Place the pot over medium heat and heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until bubbles begin to simmer around the edge of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and being pouring the egg yolk into the hot cream mixture – very slowly in a thin stream, while quickly whisking all the while.
- Whisk in the brandy (and add the vanilla extract if you are using that instead.)
- Divide the crème Brulee mixture evenly between 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into the pan and fill the pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the very entrance of the crème Brulee is barely jiggly.
- Cool the crème Brulee in the water bath for an hour before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Before serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sweetener over the top of each crème Brulee.
- Melt the sweetener with a culinary torch until it caramelizes, turning brown.
- Alternately, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top.