Keto egg roll in a bowl has been an all-time favorite dish of mine since embarking on a ketogenic lifestyle. It’s crazy popular in the low carb, paleo, and whole 30 circles for several reasons: it’s quick, it’s easy, and it captures the delightful essence of an egg roll without all the garbage added. In fact, it’s so beloved in the low carb community, many people refer to it as “crack slaw”. That alone should tell you how addicting this meal is…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 head cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ onion medium, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Brown ground pork in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Ensure cabbage and onion are thinly sliced into long strands.
- Use a spiralizer to cut the vegetables for quickest results.
- Add sesame oil and onion to the pan with browned ground pork.
- Mix together and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger together in a small bowl.
- Once onions have browned, add the sauce mixture to the pan.
- Immediately add the cabbage mixture to the pan and toss to coat the vegetable and evenly distribute ingredients.
- Add chicken broth to the pan and mix.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, and green onion.