The most classic of all savory pies! An authentic quiche is of French descent with a few, well-chosen ingredients making up the filling – cheese, eggs – and of course, bacon…
- almond flour
- sesame seeds
- ground psyllium husk powder
- smoked pork belly or bacon or pancetta
- yellow onion
- dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- heavy whipping cream
- shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix all ingredients to the pie crust in a food processor into a firm dough.
- Spread out the dough with well-oiled hands or a spatula in a springform.
- Place parchment paper between the ring and the bottom to make it easier to loosen the baked pie.
- Let sit in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Chop the onion finely and dice the bacon.
- Fry in butter until onion and bacon have turned a nice color.
- Add spices and stir. Add to the pie crust.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour on top.
- Bake on middle rack for 45 minutes or until the pie has turned a nice color.
- Probe with a knife to make sure the egg mixture is solid if you are unsure.