One of my family’s favorite go-to meals is meatloaf, especially if it’s loaded up with cheese and other goodies (like bacon). However, as I have been on my keto journey I learned that while it seems easy to just cut out carbs they sometimes hide in your favorite dishes. Did you know even some spice blends have a surprising amount of carbs? They show up in places you might not expect, especially if you are new to the low carb/keto game. In traditional meatloaf, you might find them in your ketchup, breadcrumbs (that one is pretty obvious), mayo, mustard, and even in your bacon. I have come to love this Low Carb Meatloaf that is a quick and easy weeknight meal but also perfect for meal prep for the week…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar
- ½ cup pork rind crumbs or Almond Flour
- ½ cup bacon pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 T. mustard
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Onion flakes
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl, make sure to mix them up well, the key to having your meatloaf hold together is good binders but also getting them mixed throughout your ground beef.
- Fill muffin tin cups with a nice rounded top, sprinkle with additional shredded cheddar cheese if you like.
- Even though I don’t usually worry too much about portions we enjoy our meatloaf in these cute little muffin shapes because they are easy to serve and to eat!
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow cooling for 2-3 minutes then remove from muffin cup and allow excess grease to drain off.