Butter cake has always been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember. After starting my Keto journey I was determined to see if I could “Ketofy” this recipe or at least make it low carb in some way. After a few attempts, I finally have one I am extremely happy with…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 2.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ Cup Egg White Protein
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Salted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Swerve (I used the granular version)
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Water
- Optional Butter Cake Topping ideas: Sprinkle Powdered Swerve on top or top is with a Low Carb Cream Cheese Frosting as seen in this Low Carb Lemon Pound Cake recipe we shared a few months ago.
- First, start by combining the softened butter and Swerve sweetener together with a mixer until it is well combined.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Finally, add the remaining dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir.
- The batter will come out somewhat thick and spreadable. This is perfect!
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and then dust completely with coconut flour.
- Be sure to cover the bundt pan completely to avoid sticking.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Do the toothpick test meaning place a toothpick in the cake and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- You can make this as a sheet cake but the cooking time will be a lot less.
- It may only take it about 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.