These pizza rolls are made entirely of cheese and toppings. No crust, grains, or floppy cauliflower crust necessary…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped red & green peppers
- 2 tbs chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled sausage (cooked)
- 1 small Campari tomato (or 2 grape tomatoes), sliced
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (anything naturally low carb)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on the sides so you can lift it out of the baking sheet while it’s still hot.
- Use just a dab of olive oil to rub down the parchment (you’ll thank me later).
- Sprinkle your cheese into the baking sheet. It should be a single layer of cheese, but enough to fully cover the bottom without any holes.
- You may need to add more depending on HOW small your baking pan is.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp pizza seasoning over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- Remove from oven, and try to gently slide a silicone spatula under the cheese.
- If you can fairly easily get it under all the sides and then the middle, then it’s ready for the next step (if not, cook longer).
- If it’s ready, add sausage, green peppers, onions, red peppers, and sliced tomato.
- Drizzle tomato sauce over the top.
- If you desire, sprinkle a little more pizza seasoning on top.
- Add back into the oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove pizza from pan by lifting with the sides of the parchment paper.
- One more time, use a silicone spatula gently to just make sure the pizza isn’t sticking by sliding it under all the edges, and then the middle of the pizza.
- Looking at your pizza in a horizontal view, slice 6 strips top to bottom. Then roll the top to bottom.
- Let cool for about a minute to set, then enjoy.