Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/8 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe lemon curd, prepared (I strongly homemade and not store-bought)
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8-inch square baking pan (I usually use Wilton’s Cake Release to grease my whole pan and then place a sheet of greased parchment in the bottom of the pan).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter and water to a boil.
- In the meantime, in a separate large bowl, whisk together the cake flour and sugar before adding the egg, sour cream, almond extract, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine. While mixing, slowly pour in the boiling butter and water mixture. Mix to combine completely.
- Your batter will be very runny. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in several places comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely (I stick mine in the fridge and it was cool in about an hour).
- Make the toppings: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar. Whisk in the melted butter and 1 tablespoon water. Pour just enough of the glaze over the cake to evenly coat the surface in a thin layer (use the back of the spoon to spread it around). Whip together whipping cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks. Serve the cake with lemon curd and whipping cream.