Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish “The potato and the Parmesan cheese in the breading were a nice addition along with with the lemon Panko crumbs…
- 4-6 medium haddock filets, cod filets, or another firm white fish
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsps water
- 1 Clemon pepper Panko crumbs
- 1/4 instant potato flakes, dry
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil for frying, 1/4 inch depth
- enough flour for dredging fish filets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- I found lemon pepper panko crumbs at Wal-Mart Superfoods.
- Place flour in a plastic bag, add salt and pepper to your liking, about a 1/2 tsp each. Add fish filets and shake to coat.
- Mix egg with water in a dish, roll fish filets in the egg mixture.
- Then roll in Panko crumbs, potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that have been mixed and placed in another dish.
- Repeat back into the egg mixture and then into panko crumbs once more.
- Put olive oil in a fry pan and heat on medium high.
- Fry fish on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish are a nice golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove to a plate and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.